Bus Driver - YMCA Camp Round Rock
Join our Summer Camp Team by becoming a Bus Driver this summer and help our campers have the best summer ever! This is a seasonal, part-time position that begins on May 30, 2023, and ends on August 14, 2023. Bus Driver will typically work from 11:00 AM-4:15 PM, Monday-Friday during the camp season.
As a Bus Driver, you safely transport children and staff from Camp Round Rock to the CHASCO Family YMCA and back. Driver will also maintain vehicles as required by the Texas Department of Transportation and other governmental agencies to include pre-trip maintenance checks, regular scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and cleaning. CDL is not required.
- Transport staff and campers in 14 passenger bus
- Adhere safety precautions when participants are boarding and departing the bus
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and records all information, such as gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms
- Clean bus at the end of the day.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver License and show proof of insurability. Must maintain a driving record that is satisfactory with the YMCA standards.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus);
- At least one-year work experience as a school bus driver preferred;
- Basic computer skills are required to record time & attendance and read email;
- Complete Child Abuse Prevention training prior to first day of work;
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications within 30 days of hire date;
- Must complete required training hours on an annual basis;
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
Job Type: Part-Time, Seasonal
Salary: $15.00-16.00 per hour DOE
The YMCA of Central Texas is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment where all are welcome and have access to Y programs and services.
Our mission driven focus includes three areas: Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. In order to maximize the service delivery impact in these areas, the YMCA of Central Texas Volunteer and Staff Leadership recognize and work toward growing diverse representation to appropriately mirror that of the communities we serve. As such, the Branch Boards have the latitude to recruit community leaders that have the Time, Talent, Treasure and Cultural connections necessary to help expand the mission of the YMCA in their respective areas. In addition, YMCA of Central Texas provides Staff with a Career Development program designed to ensure a fair and equitable approach to advancement where each and every employee has the opportunity to grow and thrive.
The Y values a diverse workforce and bases employment decisions on Association need, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability or any other legally protected status. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Central Texas.
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal